111 Fellows in Training
78 Associate Members
11 Practice Administrators
Total: 757 Members
Michael Main, MD, FACC, Governor
Andrew Kates, MD, FACC, Immediate Past Governor
Gabriel Soto, MD, FACC, Secretary/Treasurer
Beth Quick-Andrews, CAE, Chapter Executive
Chapter Leadership Goals
- Turn cardiovascular knowledge into practice.
- Increase the value of membership.
- Promote innovation, people and culture.
- Manage financial and legal responsibilities.
What Does the Chapter Do?
- Education: Annual Update in Cardiovascular Diseases. This meeting includes a nationally known keynote speaker, sessions on general cardiology, prevention, intervention, imaging, and FIT Oral Abstract Competition, FIT Jeopardy, and the Chapter Research Grant Recipient Poster Session.
- Held in different parts of the state each year
- In 2009 and 2010, the Annual Update was held in St. Louis, MO.
- In 2011 and 2012, we partnered with the Kansas ACC to hold a larger CME meeting in Kansas City
- In 2013, the Annual Update was held in St. Louis, MO.
- In 2014, the Annual Update was held in Kansas City.
- In 2015, the Annual Update was held in Columbia, MO.
- In 2016, the Annual Update was held in St. Louis, MO.
- In 2017, the Annual Update was held in Kansas City, MO.
- In 2018, the Annual Update was held in Columbia, MO.
- In 2019, the Annual Update was held in St. Louis, MO.
- Provide periodic communication to the membership in the areas of science and quality, education, advocacy, membership value.
- Science & Quality
- In 2013, Missouri ACC launched an inaugural Research Grant Program:
- 14 letters of intent were received
- 9 were invited to submit applications
- 5 were awarded - $10,000 per award
- In 2015, Missouri ACC continued its Research Grant Program:
- 8 letters of intent were received
- 8 were invited to submit applications
- 4 were awarded - $10,000 per award
- Bring members needs to ACC's attention and Membership Engagement
- FIT support to participate at:
- Chapter Annual Update in Cardiovascular Diseases
- ACC Legislative Conference
- ACC CV Summit
- ACC 3T Conference at Big Sky
- ACC Annual Scientific Session
- Since 2011, FIT research has been presented and prizes have been awarded at the Annual Update.
- The Council has expanded to include representation from around the state.
- There are now two FIT Council members and two CCA Council members.
- Advocate for Quality Care throughout Missouri